Enrique Fuentes Quintana Awards statements
2018‐2019 CALL TO ENRIQUE FUENTES QUINTANA DOCTORAL THESES AWARDS STATEMENTS
The Enrique Fuentes Quintana Awards aim to recognize excellent and rigorous doctoral work. With this purpose, the Enrique Fuentes Quintana Awards corresponding to the 2018-2019 academic year are convened.
The referred Prize will be governed by the following bases:
- The candidate agrees to the detailed reading of these requirements and to the list of frequently asked questions published on the Funcas website.
- The doctoral theses that have obtained the cum laude mention in the fields of: Social Sciences Health Sciences Humanities Engineering, Mathematics, Architecture or Physics will be eligible for this award
- Spanish doctors may attend, regardless of the country in which they have read their theses and foreign doctors who have presented their doctoral theses in Spanish educational or research institutions.
- The thesis must have been read between September 1, 2018 and August 31, 2019.
- The choice of category corresponds exclusively to the applicant for the Prize. The thesis presented only qualifies for the Prize in the category in which it has been entered, and one that submits to more than one category is not admitted.
- The theses must be presented in Spanish or English. Theses presented in any other language will not be accepted.
Registration and submission period
- Registration for the Prize must be made only through the registration form hosted on the Funcas website and must be duly completed. Applications that have not provided all the required data or documents will not be accepted.
- The deadline for submission of applications is from September 1, 2019 until December 1, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. This completion period will also apply in cases of correction of errors authorized by the Evaluation Committee.
- The Prize will consist of the delivery of a diploma and eight thousand euros gross (8,000 euros).
- Regulatory withholdings for tax purposes will be practiced on the aforementioned amount.
- The Prize will be unique and indivisible. A single doctoral thesis will be awarded for each category. The price could be declared desert. Likewise, the Prize may not be awarded ex aequo.
Jury and Judgment
- The president of the Evaluation Committee in each of the categories will be appointed by the general director of Funcas and the remaining members of the jury will be chosen by the respective president.
- The Jury will be made up of a sufficient number of members to be able to rigorously evaluate the doctoral thesis candidates for the Prize.
- The Jury will decide on the awarding of the Prize, without appeal.
- The maximum term for the resolution of this call will be July 31, 2020. Funcas reserves the right to extend this term if necessary.
- The resolution will be notified to the author / author of the awarded thesis and will be published on the Funcas website.
- The awarded doctors agree to attend the award ceremony or to appoint a person to represent them for this purpose.
- The non-awarded doctoral theses, as well as all the information and documentation submitted, will be removed from Funcas’ files once the Award has been awarded, in any case applying the provisions of Organic Law 3/2018, of December 5, on Protection of Personal Data and Guarantee of Digital Rights.
Madrid, September 1, 2019
Please also read the Frecuently Asked Questions section